Thursday, April 29, 2010

The King of Parks, Round 2

Wednesday was a weird day as my Wednesdays always are. I can never really gauge how my Micrbiology labs are gonna go: for instance, I expected yesterday's lab to be an hour affair. It ended up being a two hour affair... which kinda sucked. Basically our lab session was a huge cluster-$#@% because everyone needed something from the same bench in order to start our experiments. As a lot of the reagents we were setting up needed to be autoclaved (sterilized) before proceeding it was a further pain because the autoclave runs were every hour. This meant if we couldn't scratch our way to the front and set up solutions of whatever first, we had to wait an hour to go further. This happened to us because our professors misplaced our lab proposals, so it took a while to see if we were cool to proceed with our project (we where and we got good marks on our proposals). Unfortunately after starting a bit, one of our professors wanted us to tweak things a bit so we had to change our protocol... which is always annoying. Furthermore, someone in our group has to go into the lab a total of three times in the week between labs (I'm going in twice) to advance our project before our next scheduled lab. However, if all goes well next Wednesday, we might have a lab off in the future.

I went for a crap run after lab. It's getting frustrating, really. I think I need more time to run and stretch and I need new shoes. None of those things are going to happen here. Bollocks.

Right before lab, I tried to have lunch. Guess what. That didn't happen. Why? Because one of my flatmates was completely dominating the kitchen: using the whole stove with one giant wok, taking up the entire counter, and filling the air with acrid smoke and ginger (way too much ginger!). As a result (in addition to being very cranky), I was very hungry. So I ate dinner. Twice. And almost three times. GRRR.

Wednesday: 5

Today was a better day. I woke up bright and early at 6. Well, it was dark out. I woke up early at 6. At 8:30 I went to my lecture and regretted it, because no matter how nice of a person my lecturer is, she's not very good at all. I'm guessing she's a little young and maybe a little new, but she cannot for the life of her present the material on her powerpoints besides read them. YES, I see the diagram. Reading off the parts doesn't help, but explaining them and their holistic purpose does. /facepalm

After my boring two hour lecture, I got ready to go out with Jesse. Jesse and I were to meet Connor at one of the train stations in Perth, because today we went to Kings Park for a picnic. Yeah! Picnic! Jesse and I got there in good time but had to wait for Connor, who had an appointment in the city, for over twenty minutes (which was fine). By the time the three of us were all caught up we were all very hungry. Too bad none of us knew how to get to the park. We all knew where it was... but not how to get there directly. This meant we walked about two miles before getting there... but we found a great spot! My lunch wasn't great, but the company was (awwwwh!). It was good times. On the way back we found a much faster and direct route. Word.

And this tree was awesome!

Now I need to have dinner and study a bit before going to bed. And having to wake up for Friday. I hate Fridays.

Thursday: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment