Monday, May 17, 2010

LOL so remember that time when I posted my blogs daily?

Yuuuup. Wayyyy behind. Mum keeps reminding me by sending me howlers.

 Last Wednesday started with me going into lab and talking to my professor before we had lecture. ...apparently we set up our lab wrong based on a communication error. Boy... I was pissed. I wasn't really having too many problems with this class, which was the only class at the time I was enjoying, and now our project was screwed up.

Wednesday: 5

Every once in a while, controlled burns are performed and sometimes they get the wind wrong and we get all the smoke up here. It doesn't really bother me and I think it smells sorta nice, but it is a bit disconcerting. Anyway, the sun peeking through the smoke makes my desk look almost orange. It's cool. Yup. Boring day.


Thursday: 7

Tonight was supposed to be Avatar night. However, because some people forgot it was Avatar night, it turned into getting pizza (I ate mine whole in less than 5 minutes) and watching the Lion King instead. It was still good times. I also didn't go to lab today because it wasn't necessary and it was awesome skipping it.


Friday: 8

To sum up this past week, I redid my lab with my lab partners which kinda sucked. I skipped a few classes because they weren't necessary (although I have to go this week because a few of these topics could be on the final... plus I'm assuming the professors will talk about the exams). On Tuesday I spent a better part of my morning and early afternoon with my friend Justine in the library studying. I only happened to see her there was very glad to have seen her. Justine's from Clark and will be living just below me in the fall at school. Good times were had studying. I played footy both days and had fun most of the time (but I've been so grumpy recently).

On Saturday I helped Jesse shoot a very short scene for his very short movie for a final project. I'm really looking forward to seeing it complete!

Saturday: 7
Sunday: 6
Monday: 7
Tuesday: 7.5
Wednesday: 6
Thursday: 6

One of my friends had a serious seizure though and spent a few nights in the hospital. I wasn't there when it happened but apparently he seized for way too long. He's home now and healthy.

Even though it was my last lab ever (required anyway) for Plant Diversity, it still stressed the heck out of me. So much that even a run didn't fix it right away.

Friday: 5.5

On Saturday, my friend Angela (who took me out day 2 of my stay here) came by and took me into Freo for a short afternoon. It was pretty fun and I saw a few nooks and crannies I hadn't seen before. We jammed to some good tunes (called dubstep--think violent techno) on the way back.

Saturday: 7.5

Sunday I spent my day doing nothing. It wasn't very productive.

Sunday: 6

My friend Alicia whose specialty is distracting me from doing my studying is going to Luxembourg for a few weeks with the Clark program. I now hope I can actually get my studying done!

Today, Monday, was like any other Monday... kinda boring. I went into the Bio building to look at my experiment with Tim and then went to my two hour lecture... which wasn't too exciting. I came back here and ate a big lunch and worked on my lab report for Micro. Aaaaaand then I went for a decent run and made dinner.

Monday: 6.5

This is my last week of classes (which should be a breeze). I have next week off to study (10 days even) before finals (which are way too spread out). Only four weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment